Incorporating Play-Based Strategies in Assessment, Intervention, and Consultation
OISE / University of Toronto at 252 Bloor St. W., Toronto
Friday, June 3, 2016
Room 5-280 Time 9:30 Waiting list spots only
Presented By: Nancy Riedel Bowers, R.S.W, Ph.D. & Anna Bowers, M.A.
Dr. Riedel Bowers maintains a private practice in child and play therapy while holding positions within the Seminary and Faculty of Social Work at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. A researcher and international workshop presenter, Dr. Riedel Bowers studies the psychotherapeutic process particularly in the area of child and play therapy and is editor of Play Therapy with Families: A Collaborative Approach to Healing (2013).
Anna Bowers is a PhD student in School & Clinical Child Psychology at OISE. She completed her MA at the University of British Columbia in School Psychology and was an intern at the York Region District School Board where she conducted psychological assessments and play-based interventions with children.
- CO-AUTHORSHIP with W. Woo of Hong Kong and Anna Bowers (PhD student, U of T, Toronto) re. 'tools for therapy with autistic children' and related training in Hong Kong in 2016-7
- NASP WORKSHOP ON "PLAY-BASED STRATEGIES IN ASSESSMENT, INTERVENTION AND CONSULTATION", co-presenter with Anna Bowers (MA in School Psychology, PhD student in Clinical Psychology- Oise, Univ. of Toronto, Ontario, Canada) at the National Association of School Psychologists, New Orleans, LA, USA- February 13, 2016: 10am- noon
- APPOINTMENTS- 5 year Standing Appointment, Faculty of Social Work,Wilfrid Laurier University (2015-2020); Associate Professional Faculty, Waterloo Lutheran Seminary, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada(2015-2017)...8 courses to be taught Sept/16-June/17
- CACPT TRAINING- Canadian Association of Child and Play Therapists for upcoming Certification Programs in Toronto for 2016 as well as continuing education workshops and more....www.cacpt.com
- CACPT- 'Playground', Fall, 2014 article written by J. Kelp re. the Research work of Nancy Riedel Bowers (p. 18).......... http://www.cacpt.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/PG-Fall_2014.pdf
- Research Study and manuscript submission with W. Yeung, "Play around the world: a new description"- completed with manuscript submission accepted for the Journal of Psychology Research (2016-17)
- THE CLINICAL PRACTICE OF CHILD/PLAY THERAPY and ADULT THERAPY FOR NANCY RIEDEL BOWERS IS CLOSED FOR NEW REFERRALS FOR TREATMENT PLANNING AT THIS TIME